A little late night reading in bed last week, I happened upon Nicky's lime matcha cookie recipe. Perfect for converting to a Thermomix recipe. Nicky's cookies are a variation of the matcha cookie recipe by Kelli at Lovescool .
I replaced the limes with lemons. My cookies are not as green as Nicky's - the fault of slightly past the 'use by' date of my packet of matcha.
LEMON MATCHA COOKIES (adapted from Delicious Days)
- 80g (3 oz) icing sugar
- 2 teaspoon matcha tea powder
- 2 lemons (Nicky used 3 organic limes)
- 150 g (5.25 oz) cold butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 200 g (7 oz) flour (plus a little more for rolling out dough)
- 25 g (1 oz) cornstarch
- 3 medium egg yolks
- 75 g (2.75 oz) sugar
- Place icing sugar and matcha powder into Thermomix. Pulse a couple of times to mix.
- Wash 1 lemon and finely grate the zest.
- Cut butter into cubes and add to the matcha/sugar mix, along with the salt and lemon zest. Pulse a couple of seconds until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the flour, pulse to mix in.
- Set dial to closed lid position. Add egg yolks. Knead about 10 seconds on Interval speed.
- Divide dough into two pieces, shape into a finger thick slab, wrap in Gladwrap and place in fridge for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 170C (340F) or if using a convection oven 150C (300F).
- Line baking sheet with baking paper.
- Wash remaining lemon and grate zest finely, mix with sugar and place in a bowl.
- Dust work service with flour and roll out the dough to desired thickness. (Mine were about 0.5cm). Cut cookies out of dough.
- Roll edges in lemon/sugar mixture. Place on baking tray.
- Bake in oven until cooked through without browning. (10 - 15 minutes)
Here is an alternate Matcha Cookie recipe I have made in the past.