When it comes to Christmas lunch my boys are set in their ways. Two non negotiable items are a hot turkey and an ice cream pudding.
You could go all out and make your ice cream and pudding from scratch but who has time for that during the lead up to Christmas.
ICE CREAM FRUIT PUDDING
- 2 litres vanilla icecream (softened)
- 1 x 700 gram Christmas pudding (crumbled)
- a handful slivered almonds
- a handful of glace cherries
- a good slosh of Grand Marnier (optional)
- Grease a pudding basin with a little oil and line with clingfilm. Or make individual servings by greasing and lining a teacup as above.
- Mix all the ingredients together and place in greased and lined basin or cup. Cover with cling wrap.
- Place in freezer. I make mine about a week prior to Christmas.
- When ready to serve, remove from freezer and unmould onto serving plate. Remove cling wrap. If you have trouble removing the pudding from mould gently warm sides with hot wet towell.
- Serve with pouring cream or custard.