Thankyou everyone for you kind thoughts and wishes for our safety during the flood crisis in Brisbane. We were spared any damage, despite the peak in the flood forecast to enter our street.
Brisbane is now devoid of fresh food. We took a drive up to Wilson's Point to see how fast the river was flowing.
On the way home we stopped off at the supermarket to see if we could restock the fridge. The shelves had been well picked over prior to the floods. Luckily we had flour and butter at home so I able to mix up a batch of scones.
I've made scones before in the Thermomix. Not with any great success. The dough was much too wet. Today I mixed the flour and butter in the Thermomix, then tranferred it to a bowl and added the buttermilk till I was happy with the consistency.
- 440 gr self raising flour
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- pinch salt
- 60 gr butter chopped
- 300 - 350 gr buttermilk
- Place flour, sugar, salt and butter in Thermomix and mix for 5 seconds on speed 8.
- remove from Thermomix and place in a large bowl.
- Slowly add buttermilk to achieve a soft dough.
- Place dough on a lightly floured board and roll out to 3 cm.
- Cut rounds with a 5cm scone cutter.
- Place scones, touching on a tray lined with baking paper
- Bake 15 minutes at 200C in a convection oven until lightly golden and hollow when tapped on top.