Three thousand years ago the Chinese began mixing ice and yak milk to create a sweet treat which has evolved into what we now call ice cream. My plan this week to make a black sesame ice cream was thwarted when I was too busy with too many social outings to pick up any black sesame seeds. So I stuck with my favourite flavour, a simple vanilla.
- 2 egg yolks
- 250 gr cream
- 250 gr full cream milk
- 150 gr sugar
- seeds from 1 vanilla bean or 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- pinch salt
- Place all ingredients in Thermomix bowl.
- Cook 5 minutes at 80C on Speed 4.
- Place the mixture in a stainless steal bowl and place in freezer until firm but NOT frozen.
- Take the ice cream from the freezer, cut into medium size pieces and place back in Thermomix bowl.
- mix for 20 seconds on speed 9 then 10 seconds on speed 4.
- Return to freezer until ready to serve.
I have included the Thermomix instructions as this is a Thermomix post. When I made this I churned it in an an ice cream maker once the custard mixture has cooled.