You'll find the Banana Bread recipe at the end of this post. But first I want to share my wedding anniversary with you.
...and outside in the garden.
Unfortunately it was too dark in the restaurant to take any photos of our degustation dinner.
50g walnust nuts
150 veg oil
200g dark brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
350g ripe skinned bananas (about 3 bananas)
75g natural yoghurt
1 tsp bicarb of soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
225g plain flour
1 extra banana, peeled
2 tbs caster sugar
- 1 Pre-heat your oven to 170C and butter a 2lb loaf tin and line it with baking paper.
- In a bowl whisk together the oil, sugar, vanilla and eggs.
- In another bowl, roughly mash the bananas. Add the youghurt and mix together. Sprinkle over the bicarb of soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and stir again.
- Mix the banana mixture and the sugar/egg mixture together. Chop the walnuts toss those in too. Then sprinkle over the flour and stir until things are only just combined. Do not overmix. Spoon the batter into your lined tin.
- Slice your spare banana down the middle and place one half on top of the batter, then sprinkle over the caster sugar. The banana half will sink into the mixture during cooking.
- Bake for 45-50 mins.
I apologise for the layout of this post. I seem to have a bug stopping me from creating paragraphs.