Like I said last week, clafouti is my comfort food. Usually I stick to the original Julia Child recipe
My most recent clafouti was from a recipe by Jules at Stonesoup. Her chocolate clafouti was delicious but I wanted a little more texture.
Chocolate and pear are a recognised food match. Who hasn't enjoyed the fabulous Poire belle Helene created by Escoffier and named after Offenbach's opera, La belle Helene. Jamie and Nigella have both been down the the chocolate pear path.
Here's my chocolate pear marriage.
CHOCOLATE AND PEAR CLAFOUTI
- 4 small pears
- 80 grams flour
- 80 grams sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup milk
- 50 grams dark chocolate (I used Lindt 70%)
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Grease baking dish with a little butter
- Cut tops off pears to use as decoration
- Peel and dice pears and place into greased dish
- Break chocolate into squares and add to pears
- Mix sugar and flour together
- Add eggs, cream and milk and whisk until blended
- Pour mixture over fruit and chocolate
- Bake in oven until cooked, about 35 - 40 minutes
Decorate clafouti with tops of pears
FULL DISCLOSURE - The chocolate used in this recipe was sent to me by Lindt Chocolate.